LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calls to Dynamic Event

Hi There,

Hi There,

Just wondering what is the proper way to make repeated calls to a dynamic event? I have an event triggered (timer starts when "Collect" button is selected) that can either a) run until completion (e.g. 10 s) or be cancelled (e.g. user selects "Cancel" button). The user may want to hit "Collect" again but I found I could not trigger the event again.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,298 Views)

If you attach your VI (not a picture, but an editable, testable, VI), we can better understand your difficulty and suggest a solution (rather than guessing).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,285 Views)

First thought: you don't have your event structure in a proper loop or you are stuck in a loop that is inside of your case structure.  Either method will lead to MAJOR issues like you are stating.  But, as already stated, we need to see your code in order to give you any real advice.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,250 Views)

Make sure that you are polling for event when you are triggering the collect button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,232 Views)

Here is the basic program that I could trim down to. Basically I want to be able to hit "Collect" followed by "Cancel" as many times without interrupting the streaming and the timer resetting each time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,223 Views)

@atrinh wrote:

Here is the basic program that I could trim down to. Basically I want to be able to hit "Collect" followed by "Cancel" as many times without interrupting the streaming and the timer resetting each time.

I didn't see a "Collect" nor a "Cancel" button on your front panel.

I looked at your block diagram, but it was way too messy for me.  I don't clean up other people's messes.

If you want someone to help, submit something that doesn't look like a rat's nest.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,197 Views)