LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider value corresponding to picture ring control

Hi guys.

I am using LabView 2009. Currently I have a picture ring control in my VI ready for me to create an animation but I am suppose to have a numeric slider beside the picture ring control so that whenever my animation starts, my slider value would change. For example if the first image is being shown by the picture ring control then my slider value would be 0, second image shown by the picture ring, the slider value would be 15. I currently do not have any idea on how to achieve this so I do hope to receive all your prompt replies.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,824 Views)

You could use event structures to achieve what you are doing. Have a look at the example below.

example.png

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,815 Views)

event structure.png

This is what I have done so far, but I can't seem to connect the stop button to the event structure and how do you also change the event structure1.png to event structure2.png?

Hope to get your prompt reply.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,800 Views)

Click on it and pick NewVal out of the list.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,798 Views)

I click on event structure1.png and it showed me this event structure3.png

so is there any other way out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,792 Views)

That's because you are in the Timeout event case.  First change your event to be Picture Ring Value Change.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,789 Views)

And how do I do that? Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,785 Views)

And that's where doing the tutorials will come in handy.Smiley Wink

Go to the title of the event case.  Right click.  Edit events handled by this case.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,783 Views)

I do know that the tutorials would come in handy but it does takes time for me to read them so probably I would read them while at the same time continue to do my work. As for the stop button, I can't seem to connect it to the event structure.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,781 Views)

Your screen shot doesn't show a stop button so far.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,779 Views)