LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink model conversion to DLL

Dear All, I want to convert Simulink model to DLL by use Real Time Workshop and nidll.tlc (using this guide: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371504C-01/lvsimtkhowtoconcepts/simulink-sit_h_convert_model... I setup compiler Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1 by use mex –setup command. When I start building process after few seconds I get error and following messages: >> Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'file_name' aborted due to an error. and: Invalid setting for environment variable MSDevDir or DevEnvDir. The setting is: '' You can verify the setting by checking for the existence of: %DevEnvDir%\..\tools\vsvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 9.0) %MSDevDir%\..\..\vc98\bin\vcvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 6.0) %DevEnvDir%\..\tools\vsvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 8.0) You must define MSDevDir or DevEnvDir to be: set %DevEnvDir%=\common7\ide (for Visual C/C++ 9.0) set %MSDevDir%=\common\msdev98 (for Visual C/C++ 6.0) set %DevEnvDir%=\common7\ide (for Visual C/C++ 8.0) This error may be due to an invalid preference file: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2010a\mexopts.bat Please run "mex -setup" at the MATLAB prompt to correct System configuration: - LabView 2010; - Matlab 2010a - I used Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1 compiler. What should I change to get DLL file of Simulink model? miro
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,224 Views)

Previous message was completely unreadable. Once again:

Dear All,

I want to convert Simulink model to DLL by use Real Time Workshop and nidll.tlc (using this guide: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371504C-01/lvsimtkhowtoconcepts/simulink-sit_h_convert_model... I setup compiler Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1 by use mex –setup command. When I start building process after few

seconds I get error and following messages:

>> Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'file_name' aborted due to an error.

and:

Invalid setting for environment variable MSDevDir or DevEnvDir.
The setting is: ''
You can verify the setting by checking for the existence of:
%DevEnvDir%\..\tools\vsvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 9.0)
%MSDevDir%\..\..\vc98\bin\vcvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 6.0)
%DevEnvDir%\..\tools\vsvars32.bat (for Visual C/C++ 8.0)

You must define MSDevDir or DevEnvDir to be:
set %DevEnvDir%=<VisualRoot>\common7\ide (for Visual C/C++ 9.0)
set %MSDevDir%=<VisualRoot>\common\msdev98 (for Visual C/C++ 6.0)
set %DevEnvDir%=<VisualRoot>\common7\ide (for Visual C/C++ 8.0)

This error may be due to an invalid preference file:
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB\R2010a\mexopts.bat
Please run "mex -setup" at the MATLAB prompt to correct

System configuration:

- LabView 2010;

- Matlab 2010a

- I used Lcc-win32 C 2.4.1 compiler.

What should I change to get DLL file of Simulink model?

miro 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,216 Views)

Hello miro,

Can you please tell me the version of Windows you are running and version of Microsoft Visual C++ you have installed?

Best Regards,

Gregor Cerne

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,178 Views)

Hello Gregor,

Thank you for your response. I have just solved described problem. 

I have Windows 7 and (now) Microsoft Visual C++ 2008. This configuration works very good. The problem was caused by previous Microsoft Visual C++ installation: 2010. It cannot cooperate with Matlab 2010a.

miro

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,171 Views)

Hello miro,

I glad that you solved your problem. I found this site with table describing compatibility between MatLAB, Simulink, Microsoft Visual C++, LabVIEW and SIT - just in case you will have simiral problem in the future:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D174674A91E5536286257428005C2426

Best Regards,

Gregor Cerne

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,159 Views)