LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EdgeDetection/Graphing/Spreadsheet

Hello,

The goal of my VI is to process images from a webcam and use edge detection to track the movement of an iris. The outputs should be the processed image, a live graph showing the iris' current position, and an excel sheet with time and position data. While I am failing miserably, my results (though still miles from acceptable), are improving. Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks,

Kyle

EyeMovementVI.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,897 Views)

If you want the graph to be "live", then it should be inside the loop.  Right now it is after the loop which means it will run only one time once the while loop ends.  It will contain the last data from the last iteration of the loop since you have a normal tunnel exiting the loop.

Initializing a 1-D array with a zero length than building a scalar onto the end of it is pointless.  You could just eliminate the Array Initialization and the top terminal of the build array function and get the same result.

No need to split the array wire inside the loop and have two index arrays for each row.  Just have one index array and drag the bottom down.  Now you'll have two elements consisting of the first element and the second element.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,891 Views)