LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Processing in Labview

Hello everyone! I made a equipment to analyze different CAM motions by copying the product of TQ, the link is given https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3zEQfpQs8s , I made complete apparatus but the problem i am facing to make the software like this in video. Can anybody tell me how the software in this video link is working and can i make this in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,163 Views)

You will almost certainly be able to connect your equipment and the LabVIEW, but to say how the program should connect to the equipment, we need to know what the equipment is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,149 Views)

Thanks for reply. Yes, I have connected my apparatus to labview. Let me explain you my equipment. This is a apparatus to study the CAM analysis. In this system we can attatch different types of CAM followers. The main purpose of this equipment is study the response of different CAM at different speed and to study the velocity and acceleration affects on specific CAM follower. For detailed, kindly view this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3zEQfpQs8s

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,128 Views)

Hi Salman,

you need some sensors to determine all required information (like position, acceleration, speed, force)…

So what have you tried so far and what are your requirements?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,125 Views)

Hello! I have already measured speed (using rpm sensor) and displacement (using IR distance sensor), but i am unable to view just 1 cycle at a time periodically (as shown in my provided link video). Actually i want to calculate acceleration and velocity only from the IR distance sensor values. As i am reading the values of IR sensor distance and it is making the graph of that specific CAM fitted on the equipment, but there are number waves are generating with respect to time in Labview Waveform chart. I want the graphs as shown in provided link video, hope you will get my point now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,120 Views)

You have a rpm sensor, which means you have a start rotation mark (0-point).
Use this signal to get a wave fragment from one 0-point to another.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,113 Views)

Hi salman,

which kind of rpm sensor?

I solve this by using a CDM (coded disc marker) to generate a pulse train when the shaft is rotating. This pulse train is used to trigger the AI readings with respect to rotation angle…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,110 Views)

Hi GerdW,

i am using opto interrupter sensor, and adjusted slotted disc (having 24 cuts at 15 degree each) with shaft. When this disc rotates in the slot of my sensor then i calculates the number of cuts per second then convert it into my rpm by applying formula techniques. The problem is not to measure the rpm, the problem is to measure the velocity, acceleration from distance sensor. Actually when CAM (not in round shape) rotates it pushes the followers , in this way the CAM covert rotational motion to linear motion. So i adjusted IR distance sensor on the linear motion side with obstacle, as the obstacle reaches near the IR sensor so it gives specific value and when it goes away so another minimum value achieve in this way the experiment goes on and I can visualize the rotation graph of that specific CAM. I just want that converted linear motion velocity, and acceleration.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,106 Views)