cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short cut key

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm facing a problem in assigning short cut key ( which is not defined in the button property list)  to the command buttons. 
         Please find the attached snapshot of my front panel vi. where in I have placed seven buttons next to each other. 
My requirement : 
1.    In run-time i need to move focus from one button to another from right to left as well as left to right using keyboard navigation keys. How can I do it?

2.    Command should be executed only if the button is pressed twice. i.e once the button is pressed it has to ask for confirmation. Is there a possibility to do it? 

Thanking you,
Mr Sushmith
Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,767 Views)

Hi sushmith,

1) Use an event structure to capture navigation keys and to set key focus (by PropertyNode!) accordingly...

2) Use an event structure to capture the ValueChange event for those buttons. Show an additional dialog to confirm operation...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,743 Views)

Hello,

Can u please explain me how can I use event structure?? Or is there any other alternative?

Thank you,

sushmith

@GerdW wrote:

Hi sushmith,

1) Use an event structure to capture navigation keys and to set key focus (by PropertyNode!) accordingly...

2) Use an event structure to capture the ValueChange event for those buttons. Show an additional dialog to confirm operation...

@GerdW wrote:

Hi sushmith,

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sushmith_ks

Hi sushmith,

see attachment...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Hello, 

Is there any other alternative instead of using event structure? Even though short cut key is working using event structure sepearetly, but in my present project since there are lot of while loops running parallely i'm not able to use event structure.When the control goes to event structure none of my other loops are working. The whole application is getting hanged. So kindly inform me about the alternatives present for the particular task.

Awaiting for your reply,

Thanking you,

Sushmith

Thanking you,
Sushmith
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,715 Views)

Hello sushmith_ks,

since we don't know the block diagram of your VI, it's hard to guess the reason of your problem. But perhaps it helps, to add a Timeout- Case to your event- Structure and wire a constant of "0" to the TimeOut- Terminal. If you have a Wait-function inside the same while- loop, you can remove it and give the constant mentioned above the same value.

But to have several while loops in parallel and one of them blocking the others sounds like not good coding style and can lead to other problems.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,695 Views)