LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a tank volume using a numeric control.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm wondering how or if I can set a tank's max volume using a dbl numeric control from the front panel. I understand how to change it by clicking on each tank but I'd like to have some numeric controls to control the tanks. I don't want to change the level of the liquid in the tank, just the overall volume.

All help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,517 Views)

Are you talking about a tank control/indicator?

Technically, the VOLUME is what a tank could fill in liters. That is nonsense for a display.

I ASSUME that you want to modify the scale of a tank indicator rather than setting its value (what i guess you refer to when stating "level").

You have to use a property node to modify the scale of the tank indicator.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,513 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JSamm23

@JSamm23 wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering how or if I can set a tank's max volume using a dbl numeric control from the front panel. I understand how to change it by clicking on each tank but I'd like to have some numeric controls to control the tanks. I don't want to change the level of the liquid in the tank, just the overall volume.

All help is appreciated

If I understand correctly, you want to set the scale maximum on a tank control or indicator using another numeric control.  This can be done, as Norbert suggests, using a property node.  Right click on the tank control or indicator on the block diagram and follow the menu: Create > Property Node > Scale > Range > Maximum

Place the property node on the block diagram, right click and change to "Write" and wire your numeric control.  This gives you the basic idea of how it works.  To actually implement into a program, you would probably want to put the property node into an event handler that runs whenever the control numeric is modified.

Message 3 of 5
(3,493 Views)

I am talking about a tank indicator. I attached a zip file with an idea of what I'd like to do, hopefully the subvi's work correctly. I'd just like to be able to change the numeric controls on the left and have it change the scale of the tank indicators on the right. I do understand that the numbers are fairly arbitrary but I'd like to be able to show larger or smaller units as well as the reservoir size.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,487 Views)

Thank you All,

The property node appears to be what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,465 Views)