From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set file extension (.jpeg)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks

I made a VI where I capture pictures whenever I hit a boolean and they are automaticly saved in a map with the names 0,1,2,3,4,5,... ,  but that ain't important for my problem. I use the IMAQ write file2.vi to write my file to the set file path. This .vi got the function to save the image as a .jpeg, .bmp, .png, ... . I select the .jpeg extension, but when I go to the files they are shown like this (without the .jpeg extenstion).

File.JPG

I guess that there is an easy solution to add the .jpeg extension after the file name, but I can't find anything.

Besides that there is something else which stands apart from the .jpeg issue.

I am taking a lot of pictures under different angles of an object and also save them like the example above. After I took all the pictures I want to proces them, so in order to do that I have to save the images together with the angle. I know that in NI Vision calibration information can be saved with the pictures in a .png file, but I was wondering if this also could be done with your own information. If this is not possible, is there maybe another solution to this?

Kind regards

Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,671 Views)

Append the string file name with ".jpeg" (without quotes).  Do this by using the concatenate string on the string palette.  Post some code if you are having troubles.

Message 2 of 4
(2,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RutsT

To answer the second part of your question:

Use IMAQ Write Custom Data  http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281P-01/imaqvision/imaq_write_custom_data/

and when saving the image use the 'PNG with Vision Info' option on IMAQ Write File 2.

Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)

Thank you both for your fast and correct answer.

For my first question: how couldn't I think of that, it seems so obvious right now.

For my second question: I already stumbled on that .vi, but I didn't realise that was what I am looking for.

To bad I can't tag both answers as a solution, so I'll flip a coin. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,638 Views)