From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating TDMS file data and playing it back

Hey guys,

I'm working with large amounts of frequency spectrum data in .TDMS file format.  The image below shows the basic structure of the stored data.  What I would like to be able to do is run these files back through labview and look at each spectrum side by side on a strip chart.  So using the example below I would like to plot out the spectrum Frequency vs. Amplitude for spectrum zero then reinitialize the chart and plot spectrum one then reinitialize the chart and plot spectrum two while keeping the previous spectrums visible if that makes sense.  This would allow me to scroll from one spectrum to the next for comparison.  I have done this using other tools and would like to try it through labview but I have little experience with sorting TDMS files.  If anybody could point me in the right direction that would be great.  Thanks!

Spectrum TDMS.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,980 Views)

Hello atlasengineer,

This example shows you how to get specific chunks of TDMS data, and load them independently into memory. For detailed information about the TDMS file format, check out this guide. I think this should help you get started.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,956 Views)

Hello

I really want help concerning the TDMS. i dont have any idea how to do database with that by inserting all the equipment present in the laboratory along with its details such as the QR code present on it . and also i dont know how to store the borrowal students details.

How to update.

Please i really need help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,748 Views)

Hello

I really want help concerning the TDMS. i dont have any idea how to do database with that by inserting all the equipment present in the laboratory along with its details such as the QR code present on it . and also i dont know how to store the borrowal students details.

How to update.

Please i really need help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,747 Views)

Hi Zahkay!

I did not understand the question very well. Do you want to make a database with a column for equipment, another with QR code, another with the students details? Or, do you want to make to different tables, one for equipment and another one for students?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,721 Views)

Dear Sir. Wait i will send you my work. This is concerning my final year project.

I was advised to use TDMS icons to make the database. But i don't understand how

to make it Sir

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,709 Views)

I am sorry to tell you I cannot help you with your work.

I will most likely answer specific questions about it but it is really hard to help you if you send me the whole project description.

Would you please ask me specific questions, please?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,698 Views)

Sir

more precisely my problem is to do the database where i have to store the equipment name and its specifications.

this is my main problem. I have to store the student name and their tp number.

That GUI i dnt know hw to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,686 Views)

Hi Zahkay,

Thank you for being more precise.

Here I have some links that can help you to understand better how we work with TDMS in LabVIEW and how other people is working Databses with TDMS to hlep you getting started.

In this link, there is a quick explanation about TDMS: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3727/en/

In this other, there is kc64 asking why we could use TDMS to make a database: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Datastore-options-TDMS-or-Database/td-p/1283796

In this link, there are to examples about writing and reading TDMS files: http://lavag.org/topic/15408-advanced-tdms/

This last link will show you how to export a TDMS file to excel: http://www.ino.com.vn/en/news/detail/moving-data-from-labview-into-excel-298.html

I hope those links are helpful for you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,673 Views)

Thank you for helping

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,664 Views)