LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email on labview using the Gmail Server (TLS)

SSL is not the same thing as requiring authentication. Authentication means you need to provide a username and password. Almost all SMTP servers require this nowadays, and the LabVIEW SMTP VIs do not support authentication. They are way behind the times on this. SSL is encryption, which is something separate. An SMTP server can require authentication, but not use SSL.
Message 41 of 114
(3,904 Views)

That was quite informative.

Can yo suggest a way to implemet authentication in existing SMTP VIs?

I guess probing outlook with a Ethernet sniffer and duplicating the same arbitration in LabVIEW is the only solution

for me.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Manu

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 114
(3,900 Views)

manumohannair wrote:
Can yo suggest a way to implemet authentication in existing SMTP VIs?

You can't. They don't support it, as has already been mentioned. If you want to use authentication, and you're trying to run this on the PDA, then perhaps the old OpenG SMTP VIs will work for you. I posted an updated version of them to fix a couple of bugs here.

I guess probing outlook with a Ethernet sniffer and duplicating the same arbitration in LabVIEW is the only solution

I have no idea why you would need to resort to doing this.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 114
(3,893 Views)

Hi mercurio,

I tried with the openg library(which you modified).I got following response from server and the mail delivery was refused.Is it a problem with my e-mail client ?

Listing the arbitration below:

SERVER: 220 smtpauth21.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net ESMTP
CLIENT:   HELO localhost
SERVER:  250 smtpauth21.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
CLIENT:   auth login
SERVER:  334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
SERVER:  334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
SERVER:  235 Authentication succeeded.
CLIENT:   MAIL FROM:<info@goflexteq.com>
SERVER:  250 Sender accepted.
CLIENT:   RCPT TO:<info@goflexteq.com>
SERVER:  250 Recipient accepted.
CLIENT:   RCPT TO:<manumohannair@gmail.com>
SERVER:  250 Recipient accepted.
CLIENT:   DATA
SERVER:  354 End your message with a period.
CLIENT:   QUIT
SERVER:  554 Message refused.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 114
(3,886 Views)

That error message has nothing to do with the client. That trasnscript shows you didn't send anything. In other words, the message was empty, and was refused by the server.

One thing to check: the MAIL FROM is from a different domain than the SMTP server. Many servers nowadays will refuse mail messages in which the sender is not in the same domain as the SMTP server. This is to prevent relaying from SPAM. Have you verified that you can send email to this server using a regular client?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 114
(3,877 Views)

Yes...I have configured the same in my outlook and I was able to send and recieve mail without problem.

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 114
(3,869 Views)

I would appreciate if you can suggest any e-mail server(preferable a free e-mail server) which you have verified

with the same.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 114
(3,868 Views)
I have used the modified OGIC_SMTP library to successfully send emails with the server at work (the server is provided by our Network Solutions domain name registrar and web hosting provider). With Gmail I've had to use the .NET version as Gmail requires SSL.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 114
(3,857 Views)

Hello,

I'm working with Labview 7.0, .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and Windows 2000 Professiona SP4.

I tried to do the equivalent .vi on my software but I had a class conflict betwenn NetworkCredential and SMTPClient.Credentials

May be some one has already fixed my problem

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 114
(3,850 Views)
I have successfully used this VI with Google mail   (www.gmail.com).
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 114
(3,807 Views)