cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching from excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

@sam67 wrote:

Thanks for idea but it's little bit difficult for me because i am new in labview. It is possible that you will give me any example if you have similar like this not 100% similar but like this i will try to implement and try to write on this in my current code. Thanks 

This isn't really a LabVIEW problem.  It is a general programming problem.  You might be new to LabVIEW, but are you new to programming in general?  Do you know programming logic?  Would you be able to do your task in any other programming language?  Do you know how to write pseudocode or flowcharts to document the thought process and the logic behind it?

If you can, then you are more than half way there and just need to learn what functions and structures are present in LabVIEW.  If you can't do those steps, then you're going to be stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 96
(1,383 Views)

Hello everyone, I am trying to get those rows from the table which is corresponding to the selective indexes. For example, i have one xls file in which different columns of data. currently my code search the selective two columns and their indexes also, know i want to search those selective rows corresponding elements which is in different rows. Lets A B C D E F G are columns name in which 1000 of rows of numbers like A B c D E F G 1 3 4 5 6 3 3 3 4 5 6 3 2 7 ............. 4 7 3 2 5 3 2

So Currently my code search two specific columns (lets suppose B and F selective values which is in some range), now i want to search column A value which is present in those selective ranges.

B F A 3 4 5 3 5 3 7 7 3 5 4 6 ... like this

This is my current code VI

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 96
(1,351 Views)

Hi sam,

For example, i have one xls file

Your VI will not read XLS files properly - it can read just CSV files…

currently my code search the selective two columns and their indexes also, know i want to search those selective rows corresponding elements which is in different rows.

What are "selective rows"?

What have you tried so far to fulfill your requirement?

After all the discussions in this long thread you still aren't able to create a filtering algorithm on your own?

Your post would greatly improve by using some better formatting (like not writing all text into a single line…). It also would help to supply example data AND the expected output! (Didn't we suggest that before?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 73 of 96
(1,348 Views)

@GerdW wrote

What are "selective rows"?

What have you tried so far to fulfill your requirement?

After all the discussions in this long thread you still aren't able to create a filtering algorithm on your own?

Your post would greatly improve by using some better formatting (like not writing all text into a single line…). It also would help to supply example data AND the expected output! (Didn't we suggest that before?)

Hi GerdW, I readed your suggestion, and i did that code maybe still i am wrong, but i tried my best to learn this. Well know i just want to search those values which is corresponding to the selective columns. Selective columns (LacI and TetR ) in search strings.

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 96
(1,342 Views)

Hi Sam,

Well know i just want to search those values which is corresponding to the selective columns. Selective columns (LacI and TetR ) in search strings.

"Now", not "know". "selected", not "selective"…

Still no example data.

Still no expected output from the example data.

Still no VI where you try to achieve your requirements…

We will not do your homework!

How do those "values correspond to selected columns"?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 96
(1,339 Views)

@GerdW  작성:

Hi Sam,

Well know i just want to search those values which is corresponding to the selective columns. Selective columns (LacI and TetR ) in search strings.

"Now", not "know". "selected", not "selective"…

Still no example data.

Still no expected output from the example data.

Still no VI where you try to achieve your requirements…

We will not do your homework!

How do those "values correspond to selected columns"?

i want just this

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 96
(1,337 Views)

Hi sam,

you already learned how to read/filter whole columns from a 2D array.

And you learned how to filter parts of those columns by their value.

I don't understand what your current problem is - you already learned those basic steps!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 96
(1,327 Views)

@GerdW  작성:

I don't understand what your current problem is - you already learned those basic steps!

i tried but i didnt get those value which is corresponding to these selective values. i just need corresponding values of D and J columns. 

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 96
(1,320 Views)

Hi sam,

i just need corresponding values of D and J columns.

First filter for columns D and J.

Then filter for all values in J >= 15.1…

What have you tried? Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 96
(1,311 Views)

@GerdW  작성:

Hi sam,

i just need corresponding values of D and J columns.

First filter for columns D and J.

Then filter for all values in J >= 15.1…

What have you tried? Where are you stuck?

for example in column D and J has value 15.63 15.34 15.67 ........, and in corresponding the column C has value 25 24 25 53 22 32 43 25. like this i need these values.

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 96
(1,304 Views)