cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a value while changing the input device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm developing a live audio processing system and currently struggling with the fact that when i switch my input device (from a DAQ Assist input with a encoder to a numeric control on the interface), the numeric value is not stored. So when the user uses the encoder to set a value (f.ex. the volume) and then wants to change the input to the virtual numeric control, a default value is being set.

I did some research but didn't find any solution.

Find a simple example VI in attachment, I visualized the problem with a numeric indicator and replaced the DAQ Assist with another numeric control. See when pressing the boolean switch.

If anything isn't pointed out well or understandable, feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Konstantin Koehler

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,364 Views)

Hi, 

Can you send version 2015 of your exemple ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,363 Views)

Hey,

thanks for information

Added it to the main in '15 and '12.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,358 Views)

Ok,

What fonctionality do you expert when you click on the bouton ?

Kudos are welcome Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,350 Views)

I expect the input to change from the one numeric control to the other, while saving the result. I didn't find a good solution using shift registers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,330 Views)

What do you mean by "saving the result"?  Your VI example is simple enough, but doesn't seem to "save" anything.  When I click your button, it changes from the one numeric input value to the other.

You say you were trying to use shift registers but it didn't do what you wanted.  Perhaps you should attach your attempt at shift registers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,319 Views)

Hi,

by "saving", I mean that the value I create with one control (for example the numeric) is stored and can be edited with the other control (the virtual DAQ).

Normally, the value (represented in the indicator) is only dependent from one control. And if i switch the control, the value is lost and will be replaced by the one the other control contains, right?

My Question is: Is there a way to "store" the value created with one control and just edit this value with the other? So that there is the possibility to change the controls while remaining on the value.

Maybe this is too easy and I'm just missing the right operator or function, I'm not sure, but I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KonstantinKoehler

Hi

I could be completely wrong. But is this the behaviour you want?

Best regards

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
Message 8 of 9
(3,307 Views)

Thank you crabman!

This is not 100% what I meant, but it helped me solved my problem! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,299 Views)