LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save bin file over 4GB limit

Hi, I allocated buffer to save array data over 4GB and I want to save array by bin file.

I used write to bin file and it has limit 4GB, so I can't save whole my data.

Can I save bin file over 4GB in labview?

I use Labview 2015.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,591 Views)

more interesting than your labview version would be the bitness of your labview version.

could you not split files after a certain size (e.g. start a new file)?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,582 Views)

File sizes should not be limited. The internal array size does have limits.

What errors do you get?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,545 Views)

@kwjae92 wrote:

Hi, I allocated buffer to save array data over 4GB and I want to save array by bin file.

Not likely.  Definitely not with LabVIEW 32-bit.  You might be able to have it all with 64-bit LabVIEW and a 64-bit OS.

Generally if you want to save a file that large you log to the file as the data is coming in.  That saves A LOT of memory.  The file size is limited by an I64, so you should not have any issues there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,514 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@kwjae92 wrote:

Not likely.  Definitely not with LabVIEW 32-bit.  You might be able to have it all with 64-bit LabVIEW and a 64-bit OS.

Generally if you want to save a file that large you log to the file as the data is coming in.  That saves A LOT of memory.  The file size is limited by an I64, so you should not have any issues there.

I agree.

While the Read/Write spreadsheet file functions are limited to an I32 byte offset (that should be fixed ) the binary files should permit files large than 4 GB.

I am certain files over 4 GB can be read, but unfortunately, I deleted any temp files that I created that large so I have to trust my memory I have written files over 4GB.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,505 Views)