cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SampTimingType Error 200077 using myDAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am trying to write a program to collect and log data from a NI myDAQ device using LabView. Ideally, it would collect data at a very high frequency. Using DAQ Assistant, I am  trying to set the Acquisition mode to Continuous Samples and set the rate, but I keep receiving an error:

Error 200077 occurred at DAQ Assistant

Property: SampTimingType

Requested Value: Sample Clock

Possible Values: On Demand

The program does run if I set the acquisition mode to 1 Sample (On Demand) and I can run the program continuously, however this only collects data at a sample frequency of 2 Hz, which is too low for my use. 

Does anybody have any experience dealing with this error? Or would be able to help me read and log data at high frequencies using another method?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,503 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krrome

Hi krrome,

Does anybody have any experience dealing with this error?

Yes, a lot of people here have encountered that type of error before!

The error says: your hardware does NOT support a sample clock for that analog input.

Solution 1: stick with "on demand" sampling.

Solution 2: use other DAQ hardware (or other AI channels, which support a sample clock according to the manual of the DAQ hardware)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,475 Views)

To achieve a higher sampling rate, do not use the assistant.

Do the initialization, in a for loop/while loop do the acquisition and close after.

You need to know that USB device where never been designed to have a precise timing for acquisition. You will achieve a better result with an Arduino than your USB device....

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,471 Views)

Thank you! Do you know of an example program that walks through these steps? I am still very new to LabView. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,461 Views)

Hi krrome,

in the example finder you will find lots of examples with"walk through" explanations in the block diagram...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,457 Views)

Thank you. I have been looking through the various programs and have been trying them but I am still getting the same error. Do you know of anything else I can try or will the myDAQ just not work for high frequency acquisition?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,450 Views)

I'll give you a secret to make it easily. 

use DAQ Assistant but after that, right click on the DAQ assistant that you configured and select open front panel.open front panel.png

At the pop-up question, answer Convert.Convert.png

Then separate the config VI and the close VI... You can create sub vi...

And the one that do acquisition, put them in the for loop or while loop. it should be much faster. Remember that you should put a wait time if possible to avoid using 100% CPU...

This will be a good start.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,439 Views)

Were you ever able to find examples of this? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(834 Views)