LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STATE-EVENT machine causing FREEZE executable VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Ohhh now I understand what you meant by "the darndest way" hahaha. I just wanted to be able to change the blinking speed. Because with

blinking property you just can't change the speed.

So what about the code I have in the 'Time out'. I'm using two property node, and I'm currently activating them every 100 ms. Does this causes the UI to be slower? Is this bad...? I had to do this because I want the cursor to be active in the control string no matter what the operator does. Because it happens that operator needs to use another program and the cursors gets lost. Do you know another way around?

Thanks by the way.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,396 Views)

@JLuna wrote:

Ohhh now I understand what you meant by "the darndest way" hahaha. I just wanted to be able to change the blinking speed. Because with

blinking property you just can't change the speed.

So what about the code I have in the 'Time out'. I'm using two property node, and I'm currently activating them every 100 ms. Does this causes the UI to be slower? Is this bad...? I had to do this because I want the cursor to be active in the control string no matter what the operator does. Because it happens that operator needs to use another program and the cursors gets lost. Do you know another way around?

Thanks by the way.  

First, who says you can't change the blink speed?  Add "BlinkSpeed=d" where d is mSec/blink to you LabVIEW.ini  You can redefine the colors too.

The other way around- is in fact to have a modal dialog that is modal to the LabVIEW application instance with the key focus set on the input parameter and the "enter boolean" receiving focus with any enter (\r or \n) key received.  Sort of just exactly the way Prompt User.vi is configured.

Or, you can use this:

Capture.png

Which has some advantages over the built in Three Button Dialog at the cost of not "Magically" resizing buttons when you localize the button strings and the buttons need to grow because "OK", "Cancel" is "Bewilligt", "Stornieren"  in Germany

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 20
(1,392 Views)

Very nice tricks you got there. Didn't know both of them hehe. I put them to practice. I tried writing "blinkSpeed=500 ms" in the FILE.ini and it worked

like a charm. But you mention you can redefine colors too. How do you do that?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,369 Views)

Hi JLuna,

As pointed out by Jeff below, these options are only "hidden" if you're blind like me 🙂

These hidden INI keys always come with the warning that they could crash LabVIEW, otherwise NI would not make them hidden 🙂 I'm not sure what "Colr" means, if it wants the U32 representation or an actual color name.

blinkSpeed (0x292BE6E) [I32 ]

blinkFG (0x292BE66) [Colr]

blinkBG (0x292BE6A) [Colr]

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,363 Views)

They are not exactly hidden.

They are public and documented in the options dialog help.  They just don't appear in the default ini file because default values never have their tokens listed in the file.

As for [colr] - Again, on the environment page colors section select "Custom Colors"

Capture.png

use any string defined here

Menu>>Tools Options Opens a LabVIEW Ini editor

Blink Speed is set from the Front Panel Page

Blink Colors are set from the environment tab Colors section.  UNCHECK "Use Default Colors right click Blink FG or B and the color picker pops-up. Choose what you want. (or something close)  You can fine edit the ini keys by hand if there is an exact RGB value you absolutely must have.

Message 15 of 20
(1,358 Views)

Wow, I have never noticed those options until now!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,351 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Wow, I have never noticed those options until now!

What do they teach CLA's these days???? Your developers must hate you for not making their life so much easier

! PROVISO:.  When you are using these "Rarely Used" features show just a bit of scepticism for the NI R&D teams ability to foresee what kinds of silly things users might do.  For example show some care when pinking "Names" for your colors.  e.g. Defining an Orange Ish as "Decaf1" and a Green as "Decaf2" might not be an edgecase that was tested.

I'm certain that the ini looks for a 0x or " for the switch but i don't think that was always the case in very early versions 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,348 Views)

Nice, thanks for those tips. I appreciate it man!!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,324 Views)

Seems like that 2nd event structure I had, was causing the problem, the UI to freeze. I replaced it with a While Loop, the problem is gone or it seems like. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,320 Views)

@JLuna wrote:

Seems like that 2nd event structure I had, was causing the problem, the UI to freeze. I replaced it with a While Loop, the problem is gone or it seems like. Many thanks!

That will do it every time

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,313 Views)