LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCILAB LabVIEW Gateway

The video is about Scilab-XCOS. There is no mention of LabVIEW or any NI product. Are you sure you are in the right forum?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 42
(2,321 Views)

Hello,

I would like to use the LabVIEW to Scilab Gateway and installed everything on my laptop. According to this instruction (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2043) the Scilab script node should be available in the Mathematics >> Scripts & Formulas >> Script Nodes >> Scilab subpalette. However the "scilab subpalette" is not displayed within the "mathematics" functions. In fact, I don't even have the "Scripts & Formulas" subpalette (see attached image). 

I have the following software installed on my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit operating system):

- LabVIEW 14 32-bit 

- Scilab-5.4.1 32-bit

- LabVIEW-Scilab-Gateway 32-bit

Since the 32bit version of LabVIEW is installed I also downloaded the 32-bit version of Scilab and the Scilab-LabVIEW-Gateway. On my computer at home, this works absolutely fine. The only difference is that I only have a LabVIEW 2012 32-bit student version installed on it.

Is there anything else I require besides Scilab and the LabVIEW - Scilab Gateway Software? I have just started working with LabVIEW, so maybe I'm missing something very basic.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks very much in advance.

Irina

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 42
(2,015 Views)

Is it possible that you are using LabView Basic System?

I believe to see the Formula palette you need to work with Full Development System.

/Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 42
(1,945 Views)

You can see that information in this link.

http://www.ni.com/labview/buy/

Only in  LabVIEW Full, LabVIEW Professional, LabVIEW Suites  The Script Nodes is available.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 42
(1,913 Views)

Hey,

thanks for your answers. Yes, you are right. Unfortunately I only have the LabVIEW Base version.

Do you know whether its possible to use Scilab within LabVIEW in a different way, e.g. via ActiveX?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 42
(1,880 Views)

As discussed in this thread, the new release of SciLab doesn't work with the current release of SciLab Gateway.

Will anyone at SciLab look into that?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 42
(1,630 Views)

As this thread is over two years old, it might be best to throw this question in a new thread to increase visibility. 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 42
(1,617 Views)

Have you checked the thread I link to? Have you checked the links I posted there?

If you had, you would have realized that THIS thread is listed as the official support FORUM for the Scilab Gateway.

We both agree that this is ridiculous.

But even though I do not expect my post above to appear on SciLab's radar, I went ahead nonetheless since:

- SciLab did not respond to my email reporting the problem I and others have encountered with the new version,

- NI support (your colleagues) told me that SciLab Gateway Support was none of their business and pointed me to this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 42
(1,609 Views)

Hi,

I have a problem with SciLab, I can not run a simple scilab node.

I have installed 32bit gateway SciLab and SciLab 5.2.2

I have error 1050 as shown in the photo below.

Thanks to help me

EssaiSciLab.png

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 42
(1,554 Views)

Little precision, I use Labview 2015 Version: 15.0.1f1  32 bits

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 42
(1,551 Views)