LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCILAB LabVIEW Gateway

Hello Keith,

We discovered this problem a little over a week ago with the LabVIEW to Scilab Gateway version 1.2.  This is only a problem with the installer on Windows XP.  I have requested that our web team update the files online, so I will let you know when I hear that they have been updated.

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 42
(2,668 Views)

Hello Keith,

The installers have now been updated to fix this issue with installation on Windows XP.  Please download the LabVIEW to Scilab Gateway again from http://bit.ly/ScilabLabVIEW to be able to install on your Windows XP machine.

Grant M.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(2,644 Views)

Hi Grant,

It still does not work. I get the same error "Labview not detected" Smiley Sad

Does the .exe need to go into a specific directory. I tried in two different directories, both did not work.

-Keith

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(2,613 Views)

Please note also that I am using Labview 9. Don't know if that makes a difference.

-Keith

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 42
(2,612 Views)

Keith,

Can I get some details from you, when are you getting this error, where are placing the exe and can I get a screenshot from you showing this error.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(2,590 Views)

I tried putting the .exe in the directory (see ScilabErr1.jpg) and got the error (see ScilabErr2). I also tried moving the .exe to the desktop, but got the same error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42
(2,587 Views)

Also, not that you need this, but here is my Labview version. I tried running the .exe without Labview started and with Labview started; both give same error as before.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 42
(2,580 Views)

Hello Keith,

The installer should not need to be in any particular directory.  I don't see any problems with the installer on a 32-bit Windows XP SP3 test machine with 32-bit LabVIEW 2009 SP1 installed.  So, let's get some basic information to see where the problem might be.

You mentioned that you are using Windows XP.  Do you know which (if any) of the XP service packs you have installed?  Also, you show a screenshot of the LabVIEW 9 start page.  Do you have LabVIEW 2009 SP1 installed?  Can you go to Help >> About and tell me what it says after "Version" in the middle right of the window?  Are you also using 32-bit versions of everything (Windows, LabVIEW, and the installer)?

Finally, can you tell me what the following registry keys are set to?
Browse to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\CurrentVersion" folder.  What are the values of the following keys:
Path
Version
VersionString

This information will be helpful in identifying the issue.

Grant M.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(2,533 Views)

Hi Grant,

Here you go. See 3 attachments for info. you requested. Looks like I have what you are describing 😞

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(2,526 Views)

Also, note that I still have version 8.6 installed; not using it; I wouldn't think it would matter; but just in case; thought I'd point it out.

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 42
(2,521 Views)