LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCILAB LabVIEW Gateway

Hello Keith,

The problem seems to be that you do not have a "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\CurrentVersion" registry folder.  When I install LabVIEW 8.6 or 2009 on a test machine, it creates that folder for me.  We need to figure out why that folder did not get created.  How did you install LabVIEW 8.6 and 2009?  Maybe from Platform DVDs?  Or do you have some other type of media?  Did you install as an administrator or a standard user?

If you're comfortable working in the Windows registry, a workaround to the problem is to create the CurrentVersion folder underneath the LabVIEW folder.  In your 9.0 folder, note the contents of the Path, Version, and VersionString keys.  Create identical keys in the CurrentVersion folder and the installer should behave normally.

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(2,415 Views)

Hi Grant,

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do..you said note the values of....?

Can you send a screen shot of what I need to do?

I installed from DVD's from the factory.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 42
(2,403 Views)

Hi Grant,

Never mind. Once I reread it, it made sense, and I was able to add the registry keys and it installed successfully.

Thank you very much!! Case closed 🙂

(assuming it works once installed )

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 42
(2,401 Views)

Hi Grant,

Is there a document that shows which commands and/or functions are supported? For example, I assume all of the graphing must be done using Labview graphs and not the "plot" or "subplot" functions in Scilab, correct?

Keith

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(2,399 Views)

Hi,

I have Labview 2010 Base version. Can I use the Gateway with this version ?

best greetings

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(2,288 Views)

Hi b033el,

According to the system requirements on this page, you should be fine.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(2,265 Views)

hello buddy ,,i really need some help ,how can i  start to develope a programming of PID  controller for second order optimization where PID is the feedback. I  already  used  all the boxes ; Step function(source),Summation,CLR,PID,MUX,CSCOPE,CLOCK_c (source). But i had better know how to write the coding that thorughly related to the function.please guide me buddy

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(2,244 Views)

hello buddy

I really need some help ,,,how can I start to develop a particular coding of PID controller for second order optimization  where the PID is the feedback? I already implemented all the boxes ; STEP FUNCTION (source),SUMMATION,PID,CLR,MUX,CLOCK_c and CSCOPE  and through  the combination of all these boxes ,it works well  but  I had better know how to develop the coding and type it in the Scilab Console. Could you guide me? please buddy

The PID used to optimize  parameters in order to obtain  saturation values of  P,I and D that would be stored then.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(2,244 Views)

@Pahang wrote:

hello buddy

I don't think I am your buddy yet, but ...

@Pahang wrote:

I already implemented all the boxes

What are "boxes"? (hardware? Software?)

@Pahang wrote:

... it works well ...

Why do you need help if it "works well"?

Attach your code so we can better see what you are doing and what the remaining problems are.

(This thread is about the scilab gateway itself. You seem to have a (scilab) programming question. That should be in a new thread.)

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(2,238 Views)

owh sory man ....erm,   i mean  it stands for hardware  ,i got all the boxes  from Pallete browser ,,, so i just  need to develop the coding for that function  ... it's a case study 

this is what i got ffrom youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC6yONnLSlY

i need to develope the whole coding for the system

im sory brother ,i have tried to find out a lot of materials and im new to use this software  ,,may be u can guide me for this

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(2,232 Views)