LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime control flow information

Hello,

do I have any opportunity to collect control flow information about an executed (or under execution) vi? So can I access anyway to the running environment? I know only for this purpose DET, but I cant access to trace information programmatically, and I am not sure, but as I see, DET does not show all stack trace information (for example if I run a vi from "vi.lib - Clear Error", I cant see that in DET).

Thanks for any help

Balint

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,927 Views)

If you built your application with Debugging enabled, you can do some things.  In LabVIEW, go to Operate->Debug Application Or Shared Library.  You can even connect to an application on a networked machine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,919 Views)

As I wrote, it is important for me to do that programmatically and I would like to get that information from LabView IDE (not from build application).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,900 Views)

If inside the LabVIEW IDE, then highlight execution and probes will get you the information you need.d

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,893 Views)

Thanks for the hint, it seems it is works to create probes programmatically. Maybe is there any sophisticated approach? I think mainly about a lower level solution (for example which used by labview debugger).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,876 Views)

Example_VI.png

I have not fully explored the properties of Firing Order

There is also, Execution Highlighted Object that returns a ref to the current hightighted object and, you can programatically write to the Highlight execution property..  SO, a bit of playing around may get you closer (especially if you set some breakpoints and control their state programaticallyt)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,849 Views)

Thanks for the help on this thread too 🙂

I would like to run my analysis on background, so It is not a good way for me 😕 Maybe could I add callback methods to my VI elements, which should be called if that element is currently under execution? Or could I attach some runtime information (tags) to my VI element _without_ instrumentation of my VI?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,809 Views)