From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime control flow information

Hello,

do I have any opportunity to collect control flow information about an executed (or under execution) vi? So can I access anyway to the running environment? I know only for this purpose DET, but I cant access to trace information programmatically, and I am not sure, but as I see, DET does not show all stack trace information (for example if I run a vi from "vi.lib - Clear Error", I cant see that in DET).

Thanks for any help

Balint

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,959 Views)

If you built your application with Debugging enabled, you can do some things.  In LabVIEW, go to Operate->Debug Application Or Shared Library.  You can even connect to an application on a networked machine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,951 Views)

As I wrote, it is important for me to do that programmatically and I would like to get that information from LabView IDE (not from build application).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,932 Views)

If inside the LabVIEW IDE, then highlight execution and probes will get you the information you need.d

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,925 Views)

Thanks for the hint, it seems it is works to create probes programmatically. Maybe is there any sophisticated approach? I think mainly about a lower level solution (for example which used by labview debugger).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,908 Views)

Example_VI.png

I have not fully explored the properties of Firing Order

There is also, Execution Highlighted Object that returns a ref to the current hightighted object and, you can programatically write to the Highlight execution property..  SO, a bit of playing around may get you closer (especially if you set some breakpoints and control their state programaticallyt)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,881 Views)

Thanks for the help on this thread too 🙂

I would like to run my analysis on background, so It is not a good way for me 😕 Maybe could I add callback methods to my VI elements, which should be called if that element is currently under execution? Or could I attach some runtime information (tags) to my VI element _without_ instrumentation of my VI?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,841 Views)