From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversing the Make Current Values Default command

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was working with a labview program this evening and had been using the 'Reinitialize all to default' command under the operate menu to clear all of the waveforms on my screen.  However, I accidentally chose the 'Make current values default' command and cannot erase what shows up in the waveforms.  I am sure there is a simple fix to my problem but I couldn't figure it out.  I tried rewiring parts of my block diagram do exclude the waveform graphs with the hope that the waveforms would go away but realized that the graphs weren't wired so nothing was going to change.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

bsteinma

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,588 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bsteinma
Unless you also saved it, you just have to close the VI. If you want to save the VI, then just clear the graphs/charts by right clicking and selecting Data Operations>Clear Graph.
Message 2 of 5
(2,585 Views)

Thanks Dennis,

I spent a little time thinking after I posted this question and that is what I ended up doing.  Kudos for responding so quickly.  I juust cleared the data on the graphs and in my indicators and then made those values my defaults.

Thanks Again,

bsteinma

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,580 Views)

There are a few simpler ways than closing and reopening the VI. 😄

• If you realized the mistake right (or soon) after you did it, a ctrl+z will undo the operation and you have your old defaults back.
  • If you are past that stage, a simple "menu...file...revert" will revert the VI to the last saved version. No need to exit and reload.
  • If you accidentally saved it with the new defaults, "right-click the graph...data operations...clear graph", make default, save VI again.

Good luck! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
(2,563 Views)

bsteinma,

Here is another tidbit for you. You can programmatically clear the history of your chart. You create a property node for the history data and wire an uninitialized array constant into it. This process is detailed in this KnowledgeBase

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,535 Views)