LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse engineer a HP VEE app for GPIB

The visit will do you good.  It is probably the best way to get to the bottom of this one.  I have found that phone conversations are sometimes very lacking.  Like when the customer says "nothing works", and you find out that everything is working except for the one small part he is trying to do.  Take the trip.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 11 of 19
(810 Views)

Ben wrote:

I may end up having to visit the customer to figure this out. Central PA is beutiful this time of year. Smiley Wink

Ben

If the location allows- (i.e is not secure)  I've had some pretty good luck remoting into deployment machines with "Goto-Meeting."  It does require a user on the other end to pass control of the PC- and allows them to watch you do your magic. but beats flying

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 19
(801 Views)

I do the meet me now thing also. This time I think I have to have a look at the hardware. I do enjoy the road trips to meet with my customers since they are almost all scientist or engineers. It is like living a "Levi Dockers comercial".*

Ben

* Anyone old enough to get that reference?

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(799 Views)

Ben wrote:

It is like living a "Levi Dockers comercial".*

Do you really have to be that old to realize that you are referencing the fact that you don't wear pants?  Smiley Wink

Or perhaps that is just a more apt reference than the one you were actually thinking of.

Message 14 of 19
(795 Views)

Darin.K wrote:

Ben wrote:

Do you really have to be that old to realize that you are referencing the fact that you don't wear pants?  Smiley Wink

Or perhaps that is just a more apt reference than the one you were actually thinking of.

Smiley Surprised 

Now I am curious. I will check with some of the younguns to find out what you think I said.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(776 Views)
How far into "Central PA"? I'm in Corning, NY these days, might be able to connect if you aren't doing a one day round-trip, depending on where Central PA is defined by Western Pa types.
Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 16 of 19
(758 Views)

I believe it is near Harrisburg ... which is probably 3-4 four hours one way if there was anything that resembled straight path. I'm closer to you when I am at my cottage on Chatauqua Lake.

Princess: "So where are you headed?"

Fuzz Bear: "Somewhere near X."

Princess: You don't know where you are going?"

Fuzz Bear: "I get in the car and I follow mapquest unitl I get to the end. I work a killer shift, find someplace that will sell me food and check into a room. Why bother figuring out where I am?"

Ben 

Message 17 of 19
(752 Views)

Ben wrote:

Darin.K wrote:

Ben wrote:

Smiley Surprised 

Now I am curious. I will check with some of the younguns to find out what you think I said.

Ben

Hint:  You probably did not watch because the Steelers were not involved.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(732 Views)

Darin.K wrote:

Do you really have to be that old to realize that you are referencing the fact that you don't wear pants?*  Smiley Wink

Hint:  You probably did not watch because the Steelers were not involved.

OR

Three generations were huddled around a kerosene heater wondering when the power would come back on and I was counting my blessing that "at least I'm not missing the ...".

I have to stop responding this way or Dennis is going to get this thread moved to the Break Point.

Ben

* in the late 70's Levi Dockers had a series of comercials where you only saw the participants rom the waste down but you could hear what amounted to a never ending stream of wise-cracks and cleaver quips.

Message 19 of 19
(729 Views)