LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retain Default Data Type of Input Terminal in VI

Hello,

When I take Open VI Reference function and create a constant for Option input terminal it show Numeric constant with HEX radix (Default). So to add same functionality in TEST.vi I put numeric control on front panel with Data format set to HEX. But when creating a constant to this input terminal the default data type is DEC and does not show HEX radix likewise in Open VI Reference function. I also tried by making Numeric control strict typedef but didn't work. So how to do this?

Attached are the screenshot.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,393 Views)

Hi Ravi,

this is not the "data type", but just the formatting ("display format") of those controls/constants!

AFAIK LabVIEW does not stick to the formatting when you create a new constant from some subVI connector terminals.

You might create an idea in the LabVIEWIdeaExchange (or support existing ideas, when they request such a feature)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,381 Views)

If it makes you feel better, the VISA Configure Serial Port does not do this either.  I agree it would be really nice to have.  Go put it on the Idea Exchange and I will be more than happy to give it a kudo.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,365 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,331 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,323 Views)