LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource not found error in executable on development machine

OK, sorry for the late reply, I have been looking into this issue for you.

The error you received is often associated with illegal characters in the file name. Please ensure none of your file names include the following characters:

?    [    ]    /    \    =   +    <    >    :    ;    "    ,    * 

It appears the application builder is trying to call a dll file that no longer exists. This could be due to the VI you are trying to build into an executable being created on a different version of LabVIEW or using a different version of the modulation toolkit. Do you know the versions that it was created on?

Regards,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(281 Views)

I do not have any of those characters in any of my file paths or file names.

I do know that this project was created using older versions of the software. I believe it was in LabVIEW 8.2 or 8.6, but I don't know about the versions of the toolkits and hardware drivers. I am using LabVIEW 2010 SP1 with the latest versions of toolkits and hardware drivers.

I am starting to wonder if I am just going to need to recreate this project from scratch, making sure that each DLL gets loaded from the correct location.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(278 Views)

It does seem to lead to that being the best solution. There were significant changes in the way in which applications are built when LabVIEW 2009 was released.

Hopefully recreating the program in the resent version of LabVIEW will lead to less issues when it come to producing an executable with the code.

If I can help you any further please get in touch.

Regards,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(272 Views)

That's a bummer, but I appreciate your help in trying to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(269 Views)