LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize system checkbox and system radio buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to resize the system checkbox and system radio buttons. If we right click either of them and go to properties, the size controls are disabled. Wonder if this is achievable.

Also I noticed I could add the new radio buttons by right clicking it and choosing add new button. Is it possible to achieve this programattically.

Kind Regards

Austin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,442 Views)

You cannot customize any of the system contros but some of them you can do resize and increase the font size but no customization. You can add radio button by clicking the main contol (Not the individual boolean controls inside) and select add radio button its a kind of a cluster but the data type is Enumerated.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K.Waris

@AustinCann wrote:

Is it possible to resize the system checkbox and system radio buttons. If we right click either of them and go to properties, the size controls are disabled. Wonder if this is achievable.

As has been mentioned, system controls cannot be customized, because they depend on the windows theme. However, these are just booleans, so all you need to do is use a plain boolean and import the graphics you want into the true and false case. They can easily be made to look like a oversized checkbox. More details, especially regarding radiobuttons can be found here.

@AustinCann wrote:

Also I noticed I could add the new radio buttons by right clicking it and choosing add new button. Is it possible to achieve this programattically.

You could probably do it programmatically in edit mode using scripting. You cannot do it at run time.

To fill a radiobutton control with new booleans, you can simply drag new booleans inside it or even shift-drag an existing element to create a copy of it. Don't forget to change the labels to something intuitive.

Message 4 of 5
(8,430 Views)

While you can't create new radio buttons are runtime, you can get the same behavior if you use an array of booleans and change the number of visible items.  You will, however, need to handle the "radio button" functionality yourself.  This is relatively easy using an event structure.  This would also be a good candidate for an XControl, if you think you might want to reuse it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,394 Views)