LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required help with writing to a file.. urgent plz help

Hello Everyone, 

I am using the following code to write data to a particular file.. 

I have 2 wfms, pressure and torque, the pressure is a simple one...

THe torque is bit complex, the operator has to press the "Start/Stop Torque DAQ" button and then select a filename... Next, he has to press the "Run/Stop Test"

button to finish 1 set of test and then write to the next available file name without pressing anything else... 

I tried connecting an OR gate to the enable/reset ports, but it didn't work... Can anyone please suggest me how to do this??

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,703 Views)

Well, your Express VI's are set to Append to file as opposed to Use next available filename.

(PS.  You only need one punctuation mark to end sentences.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,692 Views)

Hi,

i changed it to Use next available file name, but still it doesn't work

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,684 Views)

Ravens Fan,

I simply connected a boolean control to the enable/disable port of the write to measurement VI, and kept the setting as USE NEXT AVAILABLE FILE NAME, but still, it kept on writing to the same file...

I read the help, and it said that the reset should be true to acheive this, how should i proceed? Please help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,679 Views)

Hh Crack Jack,

Try this...

RCD.jpg

<<Kudos are welcome>>

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,664 Views)

Electro SAM, 

Did it work for you?? i tried it... but it kept on appending the same file... 

I simply have a analog read, write to measurement file ... everything in a while loop

If it worked for you, can you please upload your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,642 Views)

Does anyone know about this yet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,629 Views)