From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation toolkit jumping between workbooks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having an issue with my VI which I am wondering if anyone has a fix too or workaround.

Basically during my tests I write multiple sets of data to different sheets in Excel using the Report Generation Toolkit.

At the start of my code I open a workbook (template Excel file), I write data to the file at the end of each test for each iteration and then save and close the file at the end.

I have attached a PNG of one of my sub VIs which writes one set of data to one sheet, this could be called numerous times during my code.

The issue I have is that if I am working with a seperate workbook, each time my sub VI runs it will jump to the test results workbook.

I am aware that I do "Get" the workbook in my code and this is why it happens.

Is there a way to call different sheets in a workbook in a VI without affecting the user who is working on a seperate workbook, write data in the background?

I am unsure if it is possible to write data to different sheets in a workbook without using the "Excel Get Worksheet VI" before entering the data.

I also know I could just save all data in arrays and then at the very end write all data to the workbook but this is not a preference

Any information would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,151 Views)

Sorry didn't mention any details, I'm using the following:

LabVIEW 2010 SP1,

Report Genration Toolkit for LV 2010,

Office 2010,

Windows XP

Thanks.

0 Kudos