From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the stacked sequence structure from LabVIEW.

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I'm not too strict about that myself (also just pretty strict). If code is a sequence I don't mind too much that it is programmed as a sequence. ... Step 1, Step 2..Step 10 are all stand alone actions, and grouping them in any way would be arbitrary.

Fitting the screen is the ideal and should be the goal.

I swear that I've never met Wiebe -- we are not the same person ...

Do All Tests.png

[My "sequence of tests" ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 191 of 195
(1,082 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I'm not too strict about that myself (also just pretty strict). If code is a sequence I don't mind too much that it is programmed as a sequence. ... Step 1, Step 2..Step 10 are all stand alone actions, and grouping them in any way would be arbitrary.

Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

I am afraid to ask...but is there a reason why "Test 13" is missing? 😄

Edit: maybe number 4 would be missing if you were from Asia? (i was in Korea a couple of years ago, and the floor numbering was always funny in buildings...) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraphobia

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 195
(1,077 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

@Bob_Schor wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

I am afraid to ask...but is there a reason why "Test 13" is missing? 😄

Edit: maybe number 4 would be missing if you were from Asia? (i was in Korea a couple of years ago, and the floor numbering was always funny in buildings...) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraphobia

So THAT's why test 13 never ran.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 193 of 195
(1,068 Views)

Bob, of course I was just joking! 🙂 I guess there was a good reason for the number 13 being missing!

And a note to myself: i should check more often which board I write to: this is not the Breakpoint! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 194 of 195
(1,065 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

Bob, guess I sometimes prefer all the test stuff in the main VI. But it's a borderline situation... SubVI's like this isn't too bad, but all the good stuff is a few clicks away. My choice either way (on-liner style or Sub VI's) might very well depend on the weather.

Nowadays I'd probably have a class wire between all those VI's if I go for Sub VI's. With reporting functions, you usually end up needing some previous results (logo height and such). Class wire is perfect for that (as I'm sure you know).

Bob_Schor wrote:I swear that I've never met Wiebe -- we are not the same person ...

I second that.

More OT: Looking forward to NI Week! Days of beer and nerd stuff: doesn't get much better.

0 Kudos
Message 195 of 195
(1,025 Views)