From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the labview VI window item from process line

Solved!
Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,522 Views)

I think this discussion can help you...

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 18
(3,514 Views)

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,509 Views)

This is not the case... Because what i want to remove is the Normal Labview running menu and not the VI menu!

Regards

HFZ

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HFZ

That is was is explained there:

add this line to your executables ini file.
hiderootwindow=true

Felix 

Message 5 of 18
(3,493 Views)

The solutuion is not optimal,

I want this ' hiderootwindow' to be also opdated when i run the Install setup.exe file for my application.

the Application.ini does not contain the code : hiderootwindow=true. It is not passed trhough when installing the appl.

How come?

regards

HFZ 

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,475 Views)
What do you mean that it does not paas through. I think you missed a step. When doing it this way you will need to create the EXE first. Then put the key in your application.ini file. Then save it and close it. After you do this then build your installer. I have done it this way for a number of apps.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 7 of 18
(3,472 Views)

I get the files Setup.ini and DMT Myoflow.ini , ofcourse after the application build is maded.

Then I write the code * : Hiderootwindow=true in the file :  DMT Myoflow.ini , so in the file there only is :

[Myoflow]

hiderootwindow=true

Then i Run the setup.exe to install application. But it do not help.

I've tried to open the configuration file  :DMT Myoflow.ini , in the 'windows programs' map , but could not see this code * in the file.

So i tried to write it there and it worked. But it is not working by automatic.... So i can't make it work for another user ....!

Regards 

HFZ 

HFZ
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,459 Views)
Did you include the custom ini file in the installer you created? That's all that you have to do.
Message 9 of 18
(3,457 Views)

When you build the installer be sure to add the custom ini file to the installer build.

Looks like Dennis beat me to it.

Message Edited by Joe_H on 06-15-2009 10:48 AM

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 10 of 18
(3,453 Views)