cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. Queue Reference.

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

If queue reference has not been released explicitly using release queue VI , then weather the queue reference will automatic release by the LabVIEW if owing VI is completed the execution or the queue reference still remains open.

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,952 Views)

When the VI hierarchy that created the queue leaves memory, the queue reference also leaves memory.  This often becomes an issue when code is being dynamically called.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,927 Views)

Thanks. 

Is this the case all find reference like file reference, controls reference, notifer and like this others. 

Hemant

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LV_COder

@LV_COder wrote:

Thanks. 

Is this the case all find reference like file reference, controls reference, notifer and like this others. 

Hemant

Yes, for most of them. You can find very useful info in this video too, about what kind of references should you close, and which are not (like the Close Ref is a no OP for those): https://youtu.be/LcLyl3Xtp3Y?t=29m26s

Watch the video from 29:25 for reference closing topic, but it is worth to watch the whole anyway...

By the way, do not forget another thing with Queues/Notifiers, etc: if you use a named Notifier for example, and you Obtain Notifier with the same name again to reference it at another place in your code, you must close this second Notifier Reference too (since a new Notifier Refnum will be spawned after the second Obtain Notifier. Or, just use the "force destroy?" option...

("force destroy? indicates whether to destroy the notifier. If FALSE (default) and you want to destroy the notifier, call the Release Notifier function a number of times equal to the number of times you obtained a reference to the notifier or stop all VIs using the notifier reference. If TRUE, the function destroys the notifier and you do not have to call the function multiple times or stop all VIs using the notifier reference.")

notifier.png

Message 4 of 14
(3,899 Views)

Thank you Blokk for the details explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,861 Views)

Hello Bolkk.

G object means all the functions like create queue, add, create user event, controls and all permitves right??.

As per the video reference for any object or node, like create queue inherited by GOJECT is not required to close reference, right?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,830 Views)

What does "Reg." mean in your message title?  I saw you have that in a different message thread as well.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,822 Views)

Reg - Regarding 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,816 Views)

When I first saw it, I interpreted it as "regulating".

It would be best to leave a superfluous abbreviation like that out of the title.  We already know by the fact fact it is the "subject" of the message what the words following "reg." are for.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,799 Views)

Sure, next time i will do.

Can you please help me. What do we mean by G object and whether all the node or function like create queue, add and all the function and controls that ships with LabVIEW falls under the G Object class.

Maybe more helpful if anybody can explain what is the Gobject means here in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,793 Views)