From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirecting PFI 0 TO RTSI 0?

Hi,
my task is rather simple: I want to transfer the signal present on PFI0 of my NI6025 to RTSI0 and then use it to trigger the frame grabber NI1429. All this using CVI and traditional NIDAQ.
I tried e.g.:
Select_Signal ((short)card, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_PFI_0, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);

Select_Signal ((short)card, ND_RTSI_0, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);

BTW: I do not perform any triggered measurement on NIDAQ. Could it be that signal forwarding is only done during triggered acquisition?

Thanks,
Tobi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)
OK, looks like my Question ended up in the wrong forum. It is not LabView I use. Anyway, the behavior of NIDAQ should be the same. I have to add the following. Actually I do end endless double-buffered acquisition without using any triggers on the NIDAQ card. It seems somehow that the setup of the acquisition resets the trigger mapping. I did not help to set it new after DAQ setup. At least, the usual measurement is not disturbed by this.

Thanks for any comments,
Tobias
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,449 Views)
Hello!

If you want to route the start trigger of your 6025 to the RTSI-Bus you can simply write:

Select_Signal(deviceNum, ND_RTSI_0, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);

The signal will automatically go to the line RTSI0 without having to route it manually to PFI0.

Best regards

Ken Tobler
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,438 Views)
Thanks Ken,

do you know wether the propagation of the the signal is dependent on the acquistion stae or mode of the NI6025.
I have the impression, that the routing is only done when a triggered mode is used. But I have not checked this yet.

Tobi
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,428 Views)
Hi,

in the meantime I tried with a very simple program:

#include

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
short DAQCard;
int res=0;

Init_DA_Brds (1, &DAQCard);
// route A
res=Select_Signal ((short)1, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_PFI_0, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);
// route B
res=Select_Signal ((short)1, ND_RTSI_0, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);
return 0;
}

I set a break point at 'return 0' and tried all combinations of A and B by commenting them out or swap. In neither case the signal on PFI0 appeared on RTSI0. Of course the card ID is 1.
I assume that a triggered acquisition must be activated to get the PFI0 propagated?!

Tobias
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,407 Views)