LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording of signal in waveform for analysis

Hi all,

I have three different waveforms being generatred using DAQmx. I am measuring current,position and voltage signal. I want to know the efficient method I can record my signals to analyze them later. I want to also remove unwanted noise from signals.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(805 Views)

Hi learner,

@NI_learner1 wrote:

I have three different waveforms being generatred using DAQmx. I am measuring current,position and voltage signal. I want to know the efficient method I can record my signals to analyze them later.

Store those waveforms in a TDMS file.

Use the example finder in LabVIEW to find examples explaining how to do that!

@NI_learner1 wrote:

I want to also remove unwanted noise from signals.

Define "noise"!

What may be noise to you might be sueful signal to others…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(802 Views)

Okay, I have tried the TDMS option. I used write to measurement and used TDMS as my file format type. I am recording it for about a minute, looks like it has store about 20 TDMS files on my computer including some backup files. Is this pretty normal?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(760 Views)

Hi learner,

@NI_learner1 wrote:

I am recording it for about a minute, looks like it has store about 20 TDMS files on my computer including some backup files. Is this pretty normal?

It depends on your code.

Unfortunately you forgot to attach your code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(731 Views)

Hello All,

As the title says, I am working with .mat file which has data that have collected from testing. I am analyzing this data and it contains unwanted noise which I want to get rid of. I have some experience with signal processing and some understanding of filters but I am fairly new to LabVIEW. 
I tried by adding filters by functions pallet selecting signal processing and choosing one of the filters from the drop down. This doesn't seem to work and I think it's not as straightforward as I may think. Do I need to calculate frequency or anything. Please tell me where to start
Can some please help and share how I can achieve a pure signal. Please provide me with resources.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(734 Views)