LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for low power Windows Labview controller

I build a lot of battery powered Labview systems.  The lowest power Windows controllers I've been able to find are the Intel Atom based units (e.g. iGoLogic iBox510 at about 3-5 Watts).  I'd love to find something in the 1 Watt or less range.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd be willing to consider non-windows solutions if they had really low power consumption.

Thanks - Gene

Message 1 of 14
(4,418 Views)

Have you looked at NI's cRIO systems?  I know some of the single board cRIO run on less than a Watt.  Your application needs will drive what models to look at.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,412 Views)

I did a quick look at some of the lower end sbCRIO boards and didn't see anything near 1 Watt.  Which one in particular were you referring to?

Thanks - Gene

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,406 Views)

You have to dig into the specifications on the user guide pdf.  Just picking one, the 9481E is 580mW max active and 5mW in sleep.

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,392 Views)

Aha!  You're talking about just a DAQ card.  My understanding is the DAQ cards (like the 9481)  have to plug into one of the single board RIO controllers (like the sbRIO-9601).  The controllers are on the order of 5 Watts. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,383 Views)

Yes, that is correct that the modules need to be plugged into a chassis or controller.  I'll take a look into our controllers and see if any of them meet those power constraints.

Jon

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,369 Views)

I've taken a look into this, and unfortunately it appears that none of our controllers will have that low of a power consumption.  Thanks for your interest!

Jon

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,346 Views)

After some years, I am wondering whether NI is selling any cDAQ chassis/controller product in which "sleep" mode is allowed for long-term power saving. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,320 Views)

Maybe an Arduino?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 9 of 14
(2,304 Views)

Raspberry Pi (some version of 2 and 3) have a 1W-1.5W idling power consumption

Message 10 of 14
(2,300 Views)