cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading from two different instruments - Error -201426

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry, I know this topic has been covered before in the forum, but I have tried the suggested solutions and cant get it to work.

I have PXIe chassis with two cards, a PXI-6225 DAQ (in my code, dev6) and a PXIe-4353 (in my code therm). Ideally I would like to read a voltage from the DAQ and a temperature from the thermocouple. I am having problems reading the two of these at the same time.

If I set my code to use "dev6" or "therm" for both readings (although the returned values are nonsense), the code runs fine. But when I try to read a voltage from dev6 and a temperature from therm, I get the error, "Error -201426 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220001".

I would appreciate your thoughts,

Regards,
Rod  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,937 Views)

Can you post a snippet of your code (Edit->Create VI Snippet) for those of us that don't have 2017 yet? 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,914 Views)

Code Snippit attached, also the code saved to vs 16

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rodwatt

Separate the tasks with each having their own Start Task VI.  Looks like one of the devices doesn't support a task that has multiple devices.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,890 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion. I had previously split them and this worked fine, I was just hoping there was an alternative. Thanks for your input

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,885 Views)