LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Instrument T995 PT Datalogger

Hello, 

I currently have T995 PT data logger and I have the protocols sent from the supplier but I have hard time communicating with the device through max or through the instrument express VI , attached the command protocols , any suggestions how to initiate commands with the device ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,439 Views)

So what are you having trouble with? It looks like a fairly straight forward serial device except it uses 2 stop bits and 1 stop bit is most common.

If you are expecting this device to show up in Max fully identified like an LXI or GPIB interface device, it's just not going to happen. All you will see is the serial port the instrument is connected to. Sorry that is just the way serial devices are. Now you can create a VISA Alias so it appears like the rest and you can use the Alias in your program as the VISA Resource.

Give us more detail and post some code.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,437 Views)

Hi Engineer,

- use VISA with a suitable COM port, even the suggested FTDI virtual com port.

- then set serial parameters according toyour documents. As both described slightly different settings (regarding number of stopp bits) you may try both…

- then send commands as described in the command list like "FC 0D 0A" (string in hex display mode!) to your device…

What have you tried so far?

Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,435 Views)