LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran updates, LabVIEW & MAX will no longer recognize my cDAQ?

KB,

My laptop does have USB 3.0 ports... I went and did as you said and when Windows went and searched for a updated driver, it's telling me that I'm already running the latest version.

THX

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(673 Views)

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with my cDAQ-9174.

I have a computer with Windows 7 Home 64 bit, MAX 5.4.0f0 and LV Runtime engine 12.0.1.

On a other computer with a privious version of MAX there are no problems.

Hope to hear soon,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(645 Views)

Hey Patrick-

Apologies for the trouble.  Can you please confirm some of what was discussed earlier in this thread?  Namely:

Does your cDAQ chassis show up in Device Manager?

Are you using USB 3.0 ports?

Which version of NI-DAQmx are you using?

Do you see any entry in MAX for your cDAQ-9174 (whether it is usable or not)?

Please provide screenshots of the appearance in MAX and in the Windows Device Manager.

Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(630 Views)

Hi Tom,

Something does show up in de Device Manager, but I am not sure if this is what you mean

This image is the Device Manager when the cDAQ is not connected.         This image is the Device Manager when I connected the cDAQ

cDAQ not connected.PNG       cDAQ connected.PNG

I noticed that if I disconnect the USB connection and then again plug the cDAQ in the USB, nothing shows up in de Device Manager. But when I disconnect the power of the cDAQ and then connect it again, the Device Manager reappears as the second image.

The cDAQ is connected on a USB 2 port.

Next image shows all the installed software in MAX:

Installed software in MAX.PNG

The cDAQ does not appear in MAX:

MAX with cDAQ connected.PNG

I hope the images will help.

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(597 Views)

I realized that I never followed up and explained what happened to me... our IT dept started using Kapersky security suite and this was the extent of my issues... we had them uninstall it, I ran my updates, it worked fine, then they reinstalled the security software and it still worked fine... was probably some driver that the security sofware had noted in the installation and when LabView updated something it was not recognized and wasn't allowed to run.

Good luck!

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(581 Views)