LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ran updates, LabVIEW & MAX will no longer recognize my cDAQ?

As stated, I ran updates yesterday through NI Update Service... it suggested SP1, and a couple of others.  Ran them, and today my computer doesn't see my cDAQ (9174). 

Running...

Win7 Pro 64bit

LabVIEW Professional Ver. 12.0.1f2 (32-bit)

MAX Ver. 5.4.0f0

Tried to run my VI I was working on day before... obviously, if it's not seeing the cDAQ then it can't get data... ran MAX and it still shows up on the list, but doesn't' register as being hooked up.  I tried powering it down and back up, rebooted computer, restarted LabVIEW, unhooked the unit from the hub it's normally hooked to and retried everything above with it plugged directly into my laptop.... nada. 

I'm at a bit of a loss here.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm going to take the laptop over to my other systems and see if it recognizes any of them.

Thanks!

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,721 Views)

Notes... 

My computer makes a little sound when you plug in a USB device.  I'm getting the sound like Windows is recognizing three items when I plug in the hub cable... the hub itself, my relay board and the cDAQ.  ...but it's like that information isn't making it any further.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,716 Views)

Ok, just went around and hooked up to some of my other systems using the 9174's... one of them had the popup window asking me if I wanted to configure the hardware.  I selected MAX and when it opened the module was there, but still had the little red X next to it like it wasn't there.  Nor did it show up anywhere else in the list. 

Guys, I'm pretty sure one of the updates I ran yesterday may have stomped on MAX or one of it's affiliates.

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,712 Views)

Chad

Have you tried plugging directly into your PC, rather than through the hub?  I wonder what your Windows Device Manager looks like.  Could you check that the cDAQ is showing up in the devices list properly?

cdaqdevmgr.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,677 Views)

Kyle,

Thanks for the reply.

Negative, not showing up in device manager.  ...also, just downloaded the DAQmx driver installer and ran it... it shows that I'm already running a higher version of all of the drivers it's wanting to install.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,662 Views)

We need to identify which component of your system is responsible for the behavior we're seeing.

Did you try bypassing the USB hub?  To confirm, your other cDAQs were not recognized by the laptop either?  Do they also connect through hubs?  Are there other PCs that do recognized you cDAQs?

Do you have another USB cable that you can swap in temporarily?  What are the LEDs on the chassis doing when you plug in?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,652 Views)

Kyle,

Yes, I have taken the hub out of the equation.  Correct, I have plugged this laptop into my other control pannels that are running cDAQ's and they are not recognized either.

Other computers question... I have two laptops that I use in lab, the one currently in question (call it laptop1) was working fine until I ran the suggested updates on it... SP1, and some others and that brings us to where we are now.   My other laptop (laptop2) was working fine until I started running the suggested  updates on it, and now it's doing the same thing.

FYI, I have a support ticket open with NI, (Ref#-7383377).... Leah, has had me uninstall the DAQmx drivers and install the newer drivers... still no recognition in MAX and now my computer doesn't chime when I plug in the unit directly.

Nor does the cDAQ show up in the device manager anywhere. 

Tried something....

I have a spare cDAQ that hasn't been used yet.. I plugged it in and it seem to recognize it until I ran MAX and it doesn't show up in there either.  It did chime when I plugged it in, and it told me it was installing drivers.... Seemed to work for a second, but now it's telling me that it's an "Unknown Device" under the Universal Serial Buss controllers.

Still no joy in the device manager with my original cDAQ.  I plugged in the spare, it did it's thing... I unplugged it, and plugged the original back in, I got a chime, but no recognition... after that, no more chimes and doesn't show up in the Device Mngr at all.

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,633 Views)

Sorry, missed one question... "Are there other PCs that do recognized you cDAQs?"  I have a third, a desktop that's running LabVIEW... it has SP1 running on it and so far it has had no issues.  It normally is running tests so I'm not sure which updates it has installed...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,632 Views)

...is there any way to show what updates have been installed?  I could look on all three and see if the one that hasn't had an issue has something different.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,629 Views)

If you are plugging into USB 3.0 ports on your PCs, this article may be relevant.

I will sync up with Leah to make sure we are all on the same page.  Moving forward, please work with us through the open service request, so that we can put our heads together, rather than duplicate efforts.  When we've found an explanation/solution, we'll post back here for the benefit of other users.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,608 Views)