cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramp up, Hold, Ramp Down

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Jake,

thanks for response, but since I have LV 2010, can you please re-upload your file for 2010 version?

Actually I did the similar way with yours: using different delay in case structures of ramp up and ramp down.

But would be great to see your idea of course.

Regards,

Yan.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 44
(1,522 Views)

Yan,

Attached the VI in LabVIEW 2010 for you.

Best,
Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(1,516 Views)

HI Jake

I have checked your ramp up and down program and it looks quite interesting.

I am new to labview and just learned fairly basic programming skills with labview, I want to acquire a current signal from a circuit and compare the acquired signal with a linear reference signal (this linear signal should be created in labiew only), then adjust the acuired signal in order to make the current signal a linearly ramp up signal. (I have to feed the linear signal which I produced with the labview application into a device/power supply in order to rise the current linearly). 

I have acquired the signal with DAQmx and I also created a linear reference signal and I need to compare them and make the adjustment for the acquired signal and then feed it to the power supply. I am actually not sure about the refrence signal which I created and I also do not know how to compare two signals and make the required adjustment. I will appreciate if you help me to complete my program. (I am using labview 2011)

I have attached my program just in case if you need to check it and advice me.

Regards

Mohsen

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(1,440 Views)

Does anybody know how we can turn this into an array? Basically change it into a speed table? 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 44
(1,327 Views)

@Android4Life wrote:

Does anybody know how we can turn this into an array? Basically change it into a speed table? 

what is "this"?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(1,309 Views)

This being the VI that jake posted.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 44
(1,301 Views)

Well, a VI is code and an array is data. You cannot turn code into data, that makes no sense.

If you want to modify the VI to generate an array, you probably want  to autoindex at the loop boundary, but that won't be sufficient in this case, because there is also variable timing, something that would get irreversibly lost if all you keep is the array of values. Clearly, this need to be modified.

(However, Jake's VI is not very good as it stands and it should be rewritten as a simple state machine. Currently there is also an overuse of local variables. None of those are needed if one would place the controls on the toplevel loop diagram instead of deep inside case structure. It is inefficient to place controls like that. Also the small sequence frame has no obvious purpose.)

Maye you should start a new thread and tell us what you need. Your request is sufficiently different to this old thread here. Maybe all you need is to concatenate a few ramp patterns.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 44
(1,284 Views)

Thank you for this nice program. I am wondering how to control the initial current value that is 0 in your program ? The initial current could be 1.5 for example, and final current = 10.I will add a N loop in order to repeat this cycle N times. The period will be 1 cycle of your program. At the end, this will be a triangular wave starting from initial current I0 and reaching a maximum If then going back exactely to I0, repeated N times. 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(1,224 Views)
Simplify! As previously mentioned, you just need the Ramp Pattern function.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(1,219 Views)

Thank you  Denis for the suggestion. The RAMP pattern function seems to work for increasing value from I0 to If, not for decreasing. 

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(1,215 Views)