From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramp up, Hold, Ramp Down

Solved!
Go to solution

Very new to Labview, this is my first "task".

I need a specified voltage to ramp up with an input ramp time, then hold for an input time, then ramp down with the same time scheme as the ramp up.  I'm about half way there, or so I think. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 44
(6,687 Views)
I added a very simple state machine to your program. I am sure that everyone will tell you that using the local variables is bad. There are better ways to handle that data but I did not want to spend all day giving you and example to work with. I added a Strict type def for your states. I added along with the new program.
Tim
GHSP
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 44
(6,661 Views)

I appreciate the response but I'm unable to open either attachments. 

I have an older version of Labview (8.5), is it possible to send again as an previous version?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 44
(6,656 Views)
8.5 here you go
Tim
GHSP
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 44
(6,650 Views)

Again, I appreciate the support however this solution seems a bit complex for the level I'm at, at this time.  

Is there a simpler method or any tips I can play around with?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 44
(6,625 Views)
This is really a simple solution. What are you finding hard to understand? I would be happy to explain anything that you are not grasping.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 44
(6,619 Views)

Like I said I'm really new to the Labview, like I just cracked the book open last week new...  I made my way through many examples, however I think I've gone about as far as I can go at this point.  Thinkin I've bit off more than I can chew, maybe it's time to take a few more tutorials.

aestet, I'll take your help if you're still offering it, just trying to ramp down after the hold.  

Thanks 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 44
(6,600 Views)
Here is an update of your code that works. Let me know if you do not understand something. It is about as simple as it gets.
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 44
(6,590 Views)

Hmm... Doesn't seem to be working for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 44
(6,583 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LDA
Sorry, I made one change before I sent it to you and it made a big difference I guess. : )
Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 44
(6,580 Views)