LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramp function independent of Loop rate

relax and have a look at it. experience matters, not certificates!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(750 Views)

this one has different STOP options during sweeping/ramping.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(727 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(699 Views)

@sgayen wrote:

these are the refined versions!!

You seem to try to answer a very old thread that has not seen activity in almost ten years. Why?

Please stop posting until you do a few simple LabVIEW tutorials.There is nothing "refined" about these VIs. They all suffer from blatant overuse of local variables and sequence structures, and if you analyze the code in more details, they are peppered with serious race conditions. In some of the programs, you read from terminals and local variables of the same terminal in parallel and there is no protection preventing different parts of the code operating on a different values. Similarly, you write to terminals and read from local variables of these same terminals in parallel. Since the order of operations is not defined, parts of your code might operate on stale values.

@sgayen wrote:

relax and have a look at it. experience matters, not certificates!

This is not a reasonable response to Gerd's helpful comments. I strongly urge you to gain some LabVIEW experience. As you say yourself, it matters! Learn about design patterns. None of the code you have posted would be pass any kind of certification or even internal company guidelines.

And no, a proud diagram comment of "no use of shift resistrar (sic)" is misguided. Shift registers are good!

Nobody should use these as examples. They are just plain bad!

Message 14 of 16
(691 Views)

These programs are very popular & successful for typical use in I-V measurement, cyclic voltametry, magnetic field sweeping etc (who bothers about certificates ;)). The useful thing is that the programs are designed to be flexible to include changes in parameter values during run.

I learn from bad people as well and think that bad programs also sometimes help us understand something good.

Anyway, I realize its out of context now!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(680 Views)

sgayen wrote:

I learn from bad people as well and think that bad programs also sometimes help us understand something good.

I agree that we can learn something from bad programs, but they should be labeled as such. You cannot label bad programs as "best ever" and "refined". That is just misleading!

If you want to post and discuss examples of bad code, we have the Rube Goldberg thread. 😄

If you want help re-architecting your code, just ask. We can give you some pointers. Especially if these programs are used locally in real applications, you need to get rid of the race conditions to make them more watertight. 😉

(... and please stop fixating on certification, or the lack of it. Code can speak for itself. No backstory needed. Everybody can immediately guess that you don't have any certification, and it does not need to be mentioned over and over)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(675 Views)