cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A point from a graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. 

Do you know how can i find a point from a XY graph?..I know the Y coordinate and I want to find the X coordinate. My point is 0.9347. With interpolate? Any ideas?

point.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,366 Views)

Hi

You can do that (but you should not have two or more equal values of Y in your graph.... or if you do, you can select which x to obtain).

The simplest way (I think) to do it is to find the 2 or 3 nearest points of Y, close to your selected value, then obtain the line or polynomial coefficients and calculate x.

N

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,339 Views)

Assuming the data is non-descending, you can use threshold array. If you represent your xy data as an array of points, it will be easiest.

Can you show us how the xy data is currently wired to the graph (complex, cluster of x and y arrays, array of xy points, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,329 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

Hi again

Depending upon the number of points you have to search and what resolution, a simple search (might be time consuming) can be used. See attached vi

Message 4 of 9
(3,329 Views)

Technically I have some mean numbers which correspond to kg number..First 5 values I know that they are for 1-5kg. For the last one I have just the mean number and I know is between 3 - 4 kg. That's why i want to find it from the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,294 Views)

Hi

Have you tried the VI that I attached ?

N

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,290 Views)

I have LabView 15. Smiley Embarassed

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,284 Views)

Nitad's VI in LV 15.

Message 8 of 9
(3,282 Views)

Nitad's post should be marked as the solution.  All I did was convert it for you.

Message 9 of 9
(3,257 Views)