LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT CompactRIO Target Warning Flag

Solved!
Go to solution

Since I'm having an issue with Vision IMAQ, as seen in this post I decided to pop in the install disk for LabVIEW 2013 and I'm having an issue getting up and running.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/IMAQ-not-compatible-with-Labview-2014/td-p/2959395

I went through the install process and checked all the boxes but when I run my examples, I'm getting a warning flag on the RT CompactRIO Target. I click on "Explain Warning" and the target says it's an unsupported item...

Which is odd because I did a full install from the evaluation media to be sure I didn't miss anything. Could this possibly be an issue due to having both 2013 and 2014 installed on the same machine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,837 Views)

Hi JasonTraud, 

There shouldn't be any issue with having LabVIEW 2013 and 2014 on the same computer. What cRIO are you trying to connect to? Have you specified that in your project? When you open up MAX and look under the software tree, do you see the Real Time module there? When you open up the license manager, what colors are next to the items listed there? Screenshots of those items might be helpful as well. 
It may be easier to call into an Applications Engineers and discuss the issue with them if you have this installing issue. That number is 866-275-6964 if you so desire. Otherwise, we can try to get everything sorted out on here. 

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonTraud

Compatibility it seems is not entirely 100%. After first installing the 2014 suite (before the 2013 suite), the real-time module for 2013 kept on erroring out during installation saying that it was not compatible with my system. This was the case even after uninstalling everything 2014 related I could find and re-installing from the 2013 evaluation media. What ended up doing the trick was to "nuke it from orbit." I uninstalled everything NI and re-installed from scratch so I would start from a blank slate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,780 Views)