LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualification testing VI

Hello,

I am looking to preform some qualification testing and require some help to get me started on creating a vi.

i will try and give as much information as i can, but if you have any questions or would like any further information please let me know.

So, the products that will be part of my test rig are:

• Solenoid valve (x1) 28VDC Input
  • Pressure transducer (x2) 28VDC Input
  • Metering Pump (x1) 28VDC Input
  • 28VDC PSU
  • cDAQ-9174
  • NI9401 (Digital I/O)
  • NI9205 (Analogue I/O)

I would like to be able to switch the solenoid valves and the pump on/off and also log data from the pressure transducers as a start.

Ican add waveform charts and various running sequences once this initial part of the vi is set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As i said above, if you would like any further info, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Neil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,448 Views)

Neil,

what is your level of LV knowledge?

Depending on that, it could be a good idea to attend a LV class before starting such a project.

Please note that there are many examples available for analog as well as digital input/output. If you don't understand the examples, refer to a class or ask in the forums (which will likely take more time until you get things done compared to a class).

From the current impression, i recommend you to start with LV tutorials and making some notes on a system description. Well, we got a description of the hardware. But what should it do? Is there a specific order of execution? What about parallel test routines? What are timing requirements (signal frequencies, possible control circuit timings,...)? Is it possible to use Windows at all?

You see, there are many questions before getting to answers....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,443 Views)

Thanks for your reply Norbert, I am pretty new to Labview and am in the process of doing the online tutorials, thank you for your advice.

I think I will get a better general understanding first and look at some of the examples, then come back and ask some more speific questions...

Thanks again.

Neil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,439 Views)