From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property node inverted color

Solved!
Go to solution

Check out the inverted color on this property node - I have never seen it before. What does it mean? Bug?

Regards,

Jack

Inverted Property Node

Message Edited by mechelecengr on 03-16-2009 10:15 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,406 Views)

Does saving and re-opening show the same thing?

It almost looks like focus was set for that input but the BD got stuck.

What LV verions and could you post the VI?

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,392 Views)

Turned out to be a simple, harmless bug. Unwiring and rewiring the input fixed the problem. Just wanted to make sure the Gurus didn't know something I didn't.

Thanks for the quick response, Ben!

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JackDunaway
I've seen this a couple of times in 8.6, as well as other similar issues (e.g. I can reliably get several inputs on a subVI to be highlighted at the same time, as if the cursor is hovering over each of them). It doesn't seem to do anything bad and just seems to be a display update issue.

(3,380 Views)

Hi tst,

What do you do to reliably get several inputs of a subVI highlighted?  I tried but was unsuccessful. 

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,337 Views)

I've observed several drawing errors in LV over the years.

One of my favourites is when the select tool selects an area about 50 pixels away from the cursor.  Don't know exactly what leads to that, but closing and re-opening the BD tends to solve it.

Maybe we should all be more viginalt in reporting these bugs to NI.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,330 Views)

Intaris wrote:

I've observed several drawing errors in LV over the years.

One of my favourites is when the select tool selects an area about 50 pixels away from the cursor.  Don't know exactly what leads to that, but closing and re-opening the BD tends to solve it.

Maybe we should all be more viginalt in reporting these bugs to NI.

Shane.

In 8.6 try putting a free label on one of the pages of a tab control (when not using auto-tool-selction). The text box does NOT open where you clicked.

Yes it was reported.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,323 Views)

Hesloppy wrote:

What do you do to reliably get several inputs of a subVI highlighted?

Essentially, you hover over one and then slowly move the mouse over the others which are right near it. If you do it right, the first ones remain highlighted. I can check tomorrow whether it happens on the other PCs we have and not just on my laptop. Also, I will be able to load an image or a video showing this.

I don't really care about this, which is why I never bothered reporting it.

(3,308 Views)

Like tst, I do not care enough about this nitpicky bug enough to report it. I just wanted to make sure that this phenomenon was not an INTENTIONAL way for LabVIEW to communicate some information to me about that property node. Further, I wanted it documented on the forums for anyone else wondering.

I would rather R&D focus on bugs that affect performance, not a hard to track anomaly such as this! This is the first time ever I have seen this behavior (I began programming with LabVIEW 7 Express).

Best regards to all,

Jack Dunaway

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,287 Views)

Thing is that we (non R&D team) aren't in much of a position to find out if the problem doesn't maybe have deeper roots.

I for one have noticed a lot more stability problems in the last few releases (given the new LVOOP functionality, hardly surprising I suppose) so maybe we need to concentrate on ALL bugs to get back to a good solid base as LV 7.1 apparently was (I never had 7.1).

I for one would be a BIG fan of a 2-3 year cycle for a LTS version of LabVIEW.  LTS meaning Long-Term Support where functionality remains the same but bugfixes are retro-fitted over a longer period of time.  In between, there could be "cutting edge" versions for all the mavericks but now I'm going WAY off topic so I'll shut up now.....:smileysad:

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,279 Views)