LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property node for multiple labview controls

Hello I would like to make several control elements visible and invisible at once and wanted to ask if you can bundle them into a property node?
My Masterplan is to change the Frontpanal Completely .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,185 Views)

You could build an array and then autoindex through a For loop over all of them.

That sounds like what you want to do.

Example_VI_BD.png

GCentral
Message 2 of 9
(3,179 Views)

You can't. Possible alternatives:

a) create references from the controls and make arrays from them: you will be able to set properties in a loop

b) group your controls in clusters

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,173 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

You could build an array and then autoindex through a For loop over all of them.

I used to do this all the time (I haven't done any GUI intensive applications for awhile).  It is definitely the way to go for the situation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,136 Views)

Thats not realy nice 

because the elements don't disappear at the same time

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,131 Views)

@fsteini wrote:

Thats not realy nice 

Depending on the complexity of your GUI, it will look like the same time.  To really make sure, you can set the Defer Front Panel property to freeze the front panel before the loop and then unset it after the loop to make the front panel update.  Then all of the updates (values, properties) will draw at the same time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,125 Views)

How to create Defer Panel Updates Property?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,116 Views)

@fsteini wrote:

Thats not realy nice 

I didn't see any variation when doing it on my laptop. If you have a lot of elements and a slow computer, then the DeferPanelUpdates property that Crossrulz beat me to is the answer here.

It will also likely make the process faster in general, which could be an additional benefit if you have so many operations/such a slow computer that it is a problem.

Edit: Note I said "see any variation". Of course in principle without the Defer Updates, there is some variation.

Re the property node, create a property node, read the Panel reference value, and then wire that to a second property node and select Defer Panel Updates.

If you wanted to do this from another VI, you can pass a VI reference to the first property node where you get the Panel reference.

Example_VI_BD.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,113 Views)
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,100 Views)