Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties in Event Editor

Solved!
Go to solution

OK, has anyone ever seen this?

Bug of the week.png

That's right the default "Event" case is now "Selection Change" and when I open the Event Editor

Capture.PNG

That's not right!

i've got a JING of the whole thing here

This is LabVIEW 2015 sp1f10.  And this just started today

Attempting to Edit an existing normal event structure pulls up the same "properties for events" list in the event case editor dialog.  Any suggestions?

If anypne knows where that lives on disc I'll just delete it and repair

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,064 Views)

Did you mess with your LabVIEW.ini file again?  I think there is a key for adding "weird" events to the event structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 9
(3,056 Views)

Watch the Jing- I tried deleting LabVIEW.ini. But no

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\event_ctls.llb\lvevent type .ctl is right

How that enum isn't being applied to the Event Names scares me a bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,042 Views)

If I remember right, this has been discussed recently. Trying to find the thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,030 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

If I remember right, this has been discussed recently. Trying to find the thread.

Yes, read this discussion. Same thing!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,026 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

Yes, read this discussion. Same thing!

Thanks, I'm reaching out to learn more about "*.msi.... you know..."

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

A Complete Repair including the patches and a reboot got me back up and running.  Thanks guys.

Message 7 of 9
(2,995 Views)

You can't believe how good it feels to not be the only one with this problem. I had 2 different colleagues look at my problem and go: "You just need to select the right event..." "Oh, is that why all the events in your code are wrong?" *silence*

I'd still be interested in the cause of this, to solve it quicker than reinstalling.

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 8 of 9
(2,932 Views)

@PeterFoerster wrote:

You can't believe how good it feels to not be the only one with this problem. I had 2 different colleagues look at my problem and go: "You just need to select the right event..." "Oh, is that why all the events in your code are wrong?" *silence*

I'd still be interested in the cause of this, to solve it quicker than reinstalling.

Investigation in progress.... 

And yes, being able to point MY boss too this thread and the link was very comforting.   "It's been seen before and, solved" is a nice thing to be able to say.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,911 Views)