LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project can't find files every time loaded.

Solved!
Go to solution

When I open my project, several files are not found during the loading/searching phase before the project is actually opened, and the "Find the VI Named ___" window pops up. The window opens into the same directory that is shown in the "Loading:" field, and the file is there. I have to manually select the file and click OK in order to load the file. This happens for 50 files. It is quite tedious and takes a long time to open, and this occurs every time I load the project.

I tried opening the project, doing a save all, and then closing and re-opening, which did not help fix the problem. I should mention that I was working on VI scripting and modifying these files from outside the project, so I think I might have broken a link in the project somehow. Does anyone know how I can force the project to actually find these files when loading?

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,643 Views)

Make sure the VIs calling the "missing" VIs are not read-only. I've seen the problem where the calling VI was set to read-only and LV didn't complain when you did a Save All.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,633 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately none of the callers are set to read-only.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,621 Views)

Oh, I bet you are using autopopulating folders.  Stop that!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,600 Views)

Uh jeff, how would autopopulate cause the VIs to need to be resaved? The project yes, but VI's?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,594 Views)
Do you have unresolved conflicts in the project? If so, fix them and then do a save.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LukeMSS

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was able to solve the problem by removing all of the files from the project and readding them. I had tried that before but must have done something different this time around.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,577 Views)

"Safe? Who said anything about 'safe'?

Uhm..Drag-drop a AP folder into a PE AP folder...(yes that is cryptic) -  do not attempt this at home---- we are professionals- with safety gear!

I have often said "I learned LabVIEW by making every mistake I won't make again!"Smiley Wink  It hurts, the first time.... you don't do it twiceSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,556 Views)
Assuming "AP" means an auto populating folder -- What is a "PE AP"?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,535 Views)
Project explorer auto populating folder. Don't do it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,522 Views)