LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically use labview to draw complex flowchart

So I have a dilemma using many processes with many inputs and outputs.

My goal is design a flowchart that will help me better understand which input goes to what process and which output that process gives and so on.

What I want to do is to find a way to relate each input and output to their appropriate process because many processes take the same inputs and the outputs of some processes are input for other processes..

For example, if A is input of B and C is output of B. and Also A is input of D, F, X. and the output of B which is C is input of F and X.

How can I put something like that in Labview and have it generate that flowchart showing which letter is input/output of what.

P.S this can't be done manually because of time consumption and also possible confusion of lines overlapping.

I hope that's something that can be done.. even if not in labview..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,618 Views)

The abstract nature of your question has me questioning if I can help.

On the surface it sound like a similar challenge that I faced when developing code that will create UML Class diagram from a project or another project where I attempted to render vi Hierarchies in 3D.

I suspect it can be worked left to right or right to left etc.

I first started with all classes that were found that were not children of other classes. From there I found all children of each of the top-level classes and processed them keeping track of where they decended from ... similarly until I got to the bottom which indicated I was done.

What I ended up with was an array sorted from top to bottom.

Now what you described sound like it would be multiple inheritances. In that case where I would keep track of how many predessors came before each of your thingies and track that as you process.

You can then use a Picture control to start drawing your thingies starting at the left with those things that did not depend anything that comes before. They could all oget lined up at the left edge of the image.

After dealing will all of the primary elements, then go to the ones that are dependent on the thingies already rendered. Their position will be determined where their source came from and if using multiple sources, the source that is farthest to the left.

Lather rinse repeat.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,602 Views)