From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically determine cDAQ-9191 System Status

So what I have been reading, it might be a Max firewall allowances issue...please read the similiar issue links below the white paper

hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(845 Views)
Good thoughts... And the reason I mentioned the fixed IP addresses ... Firewalls are disabled... Not sure on ports specifically and will check. However the program receives data from the 9191 for days on end so communication is there - somehow the receiving end can not determine that the 9191 has gone off line - status refresh/check issue of some nature. I can trap it with the error the DAQ read generates, but that doesn't seem like the best way to determine device status....
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(835 Views)

Aparently the 9191 is supposed to have a "heartbeat" signal exchange with the host pc as described in this artilce:  http://www.ni.com/white-paper/8496/en/

Apartently the "heartbeat" does not work correctly  - Anyone have any information on how to programatically monitor this "heartbeat" exchange as a method of determining that the 9191 is alive?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(813 Views)

could it be this or that?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(807 Views)

It could be "that" - see post above - any ideas on a "heartbeat" monitor?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(801 Views)