LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with applications

Hi everybody,

I'm working on project to automate a minireactor in school. The Vic's I made work and now I have to make stand alone applications of it.

I followed the tutorials and put my VI in a project and made an application and then I made an instalfile of it. The application works fine on my computer but when I install it on the other computer everything works accept 1 device. It's an Cole Parmer A/D converter. I installed the driver software from I got from the supplier on to the second computer but nothing seems to work. I also tried adding a lot of software to the installer but nothing work thus far. Adding my installer isn't going to work because it's to large (1.02 GB).

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,148 Views)

Can you post your code that uses the Cole Parmer?

Also, are you using any filepaths which may not exist on the target computer?

Are there any port assignments which may be different on the target computer?

When you say it doesn't work, do you get error messages?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,127 Views)

It's using vi's made by the manufacturor. But the code is OK. NI-MAX has problems detecting the devices. I've now encounterd the same problem with my spectrometer. It's an ocean optic 2000+ USB. both devices are connected through USB. They connect up nto a hub and the hub is connected to the computer.

I have devices that connect through RS232 to a RS232 to USB converter and then to the hub in my computer but these devices form no problem. It's just the devices that link directly through USB. I think it had somthing to do with NI-MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,115 Views)

Are your USB devices recognized by Windows Device Manager?

Are both the target and dev machine running the same version of MAX?
If you change which devices connect through the hub and which ones connect directly to the computer USB port, is it always the direct connect devices which fail to recognize?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,107 Views)

MAX is not supposed to detect third party DAQ devices. It will detect USB devices that are USBTMC, virtual serial ports, or devices using a custom VISA driver. What was the point of attaching that ini file? What is the name of the vendor's driver that you installed? Is is available from the vendor's software?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,093 Views)

The devices are recognized by the device manager. I've installed the same NI-MAX with the installer that is used on my develloping computer. The only devices that he fails to see are the devices that don't use a RS232 connector. So the direct USB devices.  The software installed in MAX is the same.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,090 Views)

Did you install VISA? Do you see serial and USB ports at all in MAX?

Norbert

EDIT: Also, do you use different OSes? Different user rights?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,082 Views)

I forgot to adjust the post. I didn't add the suppliers documents and files because they are to big. Ocean optics is a known third party harware suppliers to NI. NI-max recognizes the spectrometer. NI-MAX didn't recognized he cole parmer devices. I had to install a CD with an external VI library. When i used the VI's they did work. i just needed to give in a channelnumber and a boardnumber that  corresponded with the own software and the it worked.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,072 Views)

Visa is installed

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,065 Views)

i've installed VISA and NI-SERIAL. The screenshot is taken from the second computer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,056 Views)